Thursday, November 8, 2012

Who Am I?



           Who am I? At first I thought it would be very easy to describe myself as a person, but then I stumbled upon multiple questions. What sets me apart from others? What is unique about me? Will I end up being the person that I am meant to be? Thinking about what to post on my blog has made me really look inside myself and decide what is most important to me and what has shaped me into the driven and joyful person that I am today. Well, I better get started. I am Elizabeth Marie Morris. I blessed my parents, Jimmie Morris and Angela Garfinkel, with a beautiful baby girl on May 29th, 1995, at 11:31 p.m. at the Aurora Memorial Hospital. I have grown up in the same town, on the same street, and in the same house my whole life. I have been surrounded by loving friends and family since day one. My faith and personal beliefs are very important to me. I am one to do all I can until it can’t be done better. I am very determined and hardworking. 
            I am a very passionate person. My biggest passion is traveling. I have many opportunities to travel. I am fortunate enough to have traveled to more countries than states. Traveling is something very important to my family and someday I hope to travel with my own family. I also love just laying low and watching movies with my friends and family. I love baking delicious treats, simply because I love eating delicious treats. I will be one to admit that I love food. I would eat constantly if my metabolism let me. I love shopping, listening to music, and the rare time I get to myself. Yes I am a social butterfly. But believe it or not, I am one to rather be by myself. Since I am so busy and always running around to get things done, I do enjoy the quiet time by myself that allows me to take a chill pill and relax.
My family is the number one most important thing in my life. They always have been and always will be. Friends can come and go, but my family will always be here for me. My parents are Jim & Tammy Morris and Angela & Dean Garfinkel. I owe much thanks to my parents to always believing in me and pushing me to reach my maximum potential. Even though my parents decided to get divorced when I was in fifth grade, my parents never brought me or my sisters into any of the divorce “drama.” My loving sisters are Janet, who is 22, and Amy, who is 14. My sisters and I always seemed to bump heads. My favorite story to tell about my sisters and I was when I was baking cookies one day. Janet decided to steal some cookie dough out of the bowl for herself to enjoy and I reacted by jumping on her back slapping the spoon out of her hand while screaming bloody murder. I was very angry at the moment. But now when I look back, I can’t help but laugh and be very thankful that I have grown up quite a bit since then. Also, when my mom got remarried last March, I was blessed with four step-siblings: Amanda (25), Stephanie (24), Nicolas (23), and Michael (20). My family serves as my support system. They are amazing and wouldn’t trade them for the world.
 I am never relaxing for more than 15 minutes. I am very active in activities, which makes me busy practically 24/7. Although academics always come first, cheerleading is next on the list. Cheerleading and dance have been a big part of high school for me. I have been cheering for football, volleyball, and basketball for three years. I have been an active member of Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) for four years. This year I became our FBLA chapter’s parliamentarian. I have been a National Honor Society member for two years. I am also an active member of the Aurora Mentoring Program (AMP), Junior Leadership Academy, and Math Team.  I have also been a member of the Aurora United Methodist Church youth group for four years. I have served on the Methodist Church Youth Advisory Council for two years.
I am not completely clueless about what is the next step of my life story, but I still have a ways to go before I know it all. Although I don’t know where I want to go to college next year, I do plan to attend a four year university to obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Biology. After I get my degree, I hope to attend Medical School to become a Medical Professional. I do not know yet what I want to do in the medical field, but I do know that I want to serve people. I want to be the helping hand that every needs and I want to serve a small town community like the one I grew up in. I hope that throughout the next couple of years, I find out more about myself and how to be a better me.
Even though I haven’t figured everything out about myself, I do know that my passions, family, friends, and activities that I have devoted my time to have shaped me into the young lady that I am today.  Also, growing up in small town Aurora has taught me that I need to respect and be proud of the great community that I am a part of. I believe that there is one quote that describes who I am the most. “Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you”. – Dr. Seuss.

2 comments:

  1. Beth,

    I still like reading about your sisters and the cookie dough! That sounds like something my sisters and I would do. It is so nice to see how loving and caring your family is! I love your blog design too!

    Dr. English

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth,

    Coming from a person who knows you better than most, I could tell this blog was very you. You did a great job on mentioning every detail about yourself. Nice work girl!

    Logan

    ReplyDelete